Sunday, February 3, 2013

Why So Serious?

Sometimes, I think I'm being a little too philosophical. Perhaps I read too much of Jodi Picoult's books. Her books may look plain and dull from the outside, but once you read them, you can never stop reading them. It's like some kind of spell ya know.

However, there is one thing that I can never understand. Why do people take things so seriously? I wonder if they realized that they failed to notice a lot of other important minor details while holding on to their grudges. When they focused too much on the dark clouds, they failed to notice the silver lining behind it. Perhaps, the society shaped us into what we are today. The fast paced environment is making everyone so distress and taking things so seriously as they are afraid of losing the number one title. Or maybe they are so busy chasing every single goal of their lives until they forget to slow down their pace and take a break.

Here I'm, sitting on my bed while thinking of when was the last time I see a real, happy and smiling person walking on the street and be contented of what he/she has. 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...