Thursday, September 26, 2013

TWG Tea Salon & Boutique @ Pavilion

Ever since I got back from Penang, I have been going out everyday and eating like nobody's business. Can you believe it, I have been eating till I had indigestion... again. Just so you know, Nat and I had been talking about Pavilion Lounge, Sheraton Imperial English tea buffet for the past few weeks. So today, we took LRT and walked all the way to Sheraton Hotel but the hotel staff told us that there will be no buffet high tea for today because the hotel was having a private event. =____________________= At that very moment, I can imagine my macaroons grew wings and flew off. I purposely went there for macaroons and they are not serving English tea buffet today. Wth

It was a huge disappointment. So, we took Monorail back to Pavilion and had our brunch at TWG Tea Salon & Boutique. It is located on the second floor right opposite Prada. It was my first time there so I was pretty jakun when I walked in. 

The menu. 

TWG serves so many kinds of tea! There is even a tea book that explains about all the different teas. 

Since 1837. 

de gorgeous babe, Nat <3

The interior of the place. Indeed, it is an exquisite white-tablecloth tea room. I have a special liking for white-tablecloth restaurants/cafes. 

My pot of tea: rose tea. I am more of a coffee person, but nothing beats this perfect pot of tea. 

Macaroons of different flavours and colours!  

:)

The 3-tier tea set. Macaroons, opera cake and Croque Monseiur (ham sandwich). The price for this whole set is RM55.

My all time favourite! Moroccan mint (white), black currant (red) and matcha (green) flavoured macaroons. The black currant macaroon is not to my liking. Personally, I think it tastes weird. 

The opera cake. The chocolate is rich and slightly bitter but it blends well with the cream. There is even a light strong taste of rum in it. 

The TWG Tea Croque Monseiur. Warm toasted sandwich with cheese and turkey ham, served with green salad and house vinaigrette. The sandwich tastes great but Nat said that the salad tastes funny. 

The feedback form card. Yesshhhh. I gave good ratings! *two thumbs up!*

TWG looks more like an art gallery from the outside. Don't you think so?

Self shot of the day! 

Indeed, it was a great day, good food with awesome company. 

Add for TWG Tea Salon & Boutique:
Pavilion Kuala Lumpur
Level 2, Lot P2.16.00 & 2.34.01
168, Jalan Bukit Bintang
55100 Kuala Lumpur 

Tel: +60321429922


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...