Sunday, January 5, 2014

Tous Les Jours @ WOLO Bukit Bintang

Happpehhh 2014! I know I am a little bit behind when everyone had already started on their 2014 wishlists. Every year, I will be setting the same resolution: to stay alive because what's more important than to stay alive and enjoy what God gives you? :) So today, I am gonna talk about a new bakery that is very much similar to Levain. Levain used to be my favourite hangout spot but I guess, it's time for a change. 

Yesterday, me and the long-lost Nat "experimented" new pastries at a new bakery. Just so you know, Nat is my food experimenting partner. Whenever we hang out, we will be going somewhere new  and different with good ambience. :) Nat suggested that we go to Tous Les Jours (pronounced as Too-Leh-Joo) which means everyday in French. TLJ is a French inspired Korean bakery that serves wide range of pastries. It is located right opposite H&M and I couldn't believe I didn't notice this  bakery all this while until Nat pointed it out yesterday. Epic fail, much. 

When I first walked in, I was like "wahhhhhhh.... Is this a bakery?!", very jakun-ish I know. Personally, I believed that ambience is really important in restaurant experience. Restaurants with good ambience makes me wanna stay in there forever, sit back, have a cuppa macchiato and relax. The interior of Tous Les Jours is pretty amazing and it felt as if I have walked into some five star restaurants. 

Like I said, the ambience is pretty good right. It is a two storey bakery with cool interior. 

Gruyere Cheese Melt Sandwich. Two simple toast with melted cheese in between and salad as side. Personally, I think that the toast is pretty bland with only melted cheese.

Blueberry Yogurt Cake. *two thumbs up!*

Cream cheese Danish. My favourite pastry of the day! It was crispy on the outside but cheesy from the inside. Will definitely order more of this next time. 

de pretty darlin'! 

Nothing beats the happy feeling of eating sweet stuff especially cakes and pastries! 

:)

Lovin' this outfit from H&M especially the leather pants.

Overall, the ambience and the food is pretty good but the service was slightly disappointed. The staff tend to be confused as the customer line gets thicker. Moreover, the spaces are quite limited so if you are not a patient person like me, it is better for you to go slightly earlier. :)

x.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...